Monday, October 14, 2013

Elyse does Bethenny's Skinnygirl Workout


I like Bethenny Frankel and I like yoga. I also like the smell of gasoline and chocolate ice cream, and as you can imagine, those two go horribly together. So does Bethenny and yoga.
I liked this workout in theory, especially the aspect of being able to do 15, 30, and 45 increments. The workout is pretty good as well, challenging enough with interesting shifts from pose to pose. The problem is Bethenny, who I usually like on reality television, but don't when I'm trying to zone out and do some yoga. Her loud voice tears into your zen-like state with arbitrary comments that aren't very helpful but feel more like a constant reminder that THIS IS HER YOGA DVD, HER BRAND. And it's annoying.
Also, the vocal instructions are sometimes unclear, so you're constantly looking at the screen to figure out what you're supposed to be doing, which, in my opinion isn't a strong characteristic for a yoga DVD. 
One positive? Cookie makes an appearance!
I'd suggest this DVD for people that really like Bethenny Frankel and find her acquired brand of charm endearing enough to put up with her endless yapping.

No comments:

Post a Comment